What essential steps do you take in regard to successful business planning and goal achievement?
I am currently participating in something new at the moment where I am a complete novice.
It has been a long time since I have felt incompetent at something and am feeling very uncomfortable.
Even to the stage where I don’t want to do it.
The problem with that is I have invested a considerable sum of money to learn this new skill and once I have mastered it (or at least become competent), it will set me up for a future where I can contribute even more to my lifestyle, my family, and the community.
If you are a regular reader of my weekly blogs, you will probably guess the way for me to stay on track is by planning.
Planning what I want to achieve, then write my goals and take the action steps needed to achieve them.
Doing this, I have realised just how important it is when you are learning something new and challenging to set yourself achievable goals.
Daily, weekly, and yearly goals.
The value though comes from writing them down.
If they aren’t written, your goals are just wishes as confirmed by Michael Korda in this quote.
“Write it down. Written goals have a way of transforming wishes into wants; cant’s into cans; dreams into plans; and plans into reality. Don’t just think it – ink it!”
Five tips that will help you set successful plans and achieve your goals:
- Define your vision: Start by defining your overall vision for your business. What do you want to achieve? What problem are you solving? What makes your business unique? This will help you stay focused and motivated as you work towards your goals.
- Set SMART goals: Make sure your goals are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound. This will help you create a clear roadmap and make it easier to track your progress.
- Conduct market research: Understanding your target market is crucial to the success of your business. Conduct research to identify your ideal customer, their needs, and preferences. This will help you tailor your products or services to meet their needs and increase your chances of success.
- Develop a business plan: A business plan is a roadmap that outlines your goals, strategies, and actions for achieving success. It should include information on your target market, competition, marketing strategies, financial projections, and more.
- Stay flexible: Remember that the business world is constantly changing, and you may need to adjust your goals and strategies as you go. Be open to feedback and willing to pivot if necessary to stay on track toward your vision.
And oh, and you don’t just write plans and goals in January.
The upcoming May 6 1/2 Day Planning & Goal Setting Workshop will be the perfect opportunity to check in as to how your year is going and make adjustments on where you are focussed.
Email Janeen for information about how she can assist you in establishing your Personal Brand Authority at email@example.com
Yours in business