Three questions for you…
- What do you want to have achieved by the end of 2018?
- How will that change your life for the better?
- How will it make you feel when you achieve this goal?
Goal setting is all about moving you to a more preferred position. It needs conscious effort and commitment.
But…as your subconscious is focussed on keeping you safe and much more powerful than the conscious mind, it will actively try to keep you where you are now.
Planning how you are going to work in your business is a precious opportunity. Do you know where you are going to focus your attention to grow your business in 2020? Click to attend the 1/2 Day, Planning Workshop on January 10. Limited places. Your price just $45.
Why? It is all to do with your belief systems. You will have built up emotional patterns of behavior over many years which govern your viewpoint of the world and when you set goals that may stress and are uncomfortable, your subconscious will challenge your motivation.
To avoid this from happening to you, there are actions you can take.
- Only set a goal once and let it go. Focus on the end result, not whether you achieve it or not.
- Create a plan of action where you list the small steps you need to take.
- Take on one step at a time so as not to overwhelm the subconscious.
- Break down your day in chunks, and allocate activities to those chunks.
- Reprogram your conscious and subconscious by dealing with the real underlying issues which are the real causes for your stress.
It is no wonder people give up on their goals, their dreams, as evidence indicates that as soon as you set a desire that is external to your control, you place yourself in a continuous circle of chronic stress.
- That whether you achieve your goal or not, you will have strengthened your confidence muscle by making an effort.
- Recognise how you feel each time you set a goal.
- Every step forward is a step closer to realizing your dreams…even if they are baby steps.