Are you leaving money on the table by not following up?
What a week? In a good sense.
I have been doing what I tell my coaching clients to do…and that is to follow up on your quotes and proposals.
I admit I have been guilty of letting it slip when I get ‘busy’ and not placing it as a priority activity. This week I made it a priority. And the results were outstanding.
Yes after yes after yes!!!
Apart from having a diary fully booked for the next month, it feels awesome.
Are you putting off the follow-up?
Are you guilty? When you don’t follow up you are leaving money on the table and missing out on making sales.
Yes, it can be very easy to put it at the bottom of the to-do list.
This has always been one of my favourite quotes…
“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time”–Thomas Edison
My tips for you to help with the follow-up process and make more easy sales…
- Get an agreement to follow up.
- Build equity and be remembered. Send a thank you message.
- Email a reminder and agenda.
- Make a phone call rather than send an email, it is much more personal.
- Avoid saying you are following up. Use an opening statement that gets through the clutter.
- In the words of that famous sports brand. Just Do It!
I look forward to hearing about your follow-up success. BTW…I will be presenting a FREE Webinar on October 11 on The Top 5 Techniques to Sell Without Selling Anything. You are invited to register.
At this webinar, you will learn why it is vital to follow up, how you can make more sales with simple closing techniques, and the steps to the follow-up process explained.