Last week I had the privilege of conducting ‘Sales is Not Selling’ training for a family law firm.
I say privilege, as I came away understanding a little more about how important it it to drop the need to control and communicate openly when it comes to avoiding expensive court matters.
Interestingly, active listening and understanding communication styles were an integral component of the sales training.
In fact, it is the secret to being successful in sales.
If a prospective customer knows you understand their problem and you have demonstrated you have the solution that will resolve it for them…I guarantee they will buy from you.
- Learn how to ask the right questions and listen.
- Listen and clarify.
- Listen and paraphrase
“You cannot truly listen to anyone and do anything else at the same time.”
12 Top Tips for Listening to Make Sales:
- Watch nonverbal behaviour
- Shut down your internal dialogue
- Be open, neutral, and withhold judgement
- Be patient
- Slow the conversation down
- Clarify and paraphrase
- Listen to emotions & manage your own
- Show respect for the speaker
- Listen more than you talk
- Let the speaker finish before your respond
- Ask open-ended question
- Be aware of your own biases
Talking about listening, I am running a FREE Webinar on November 30 at 7pm AEST you are invited to attend to watch and listen.
Email email@example.com to discuss in person.
Buy Janeen’s book ‘Good Girls do Sell’ here.