I have been working with a new client this week helping her overcome reluctance around everything sales and selling.
You might be able to relate to that ‘icky’ feeling that rears its head when you are about to make that cold call or follow-up.
Well, you aren’t alone.
Sales can be very uncomfortable until you understand ONE significant point.
You aren’t selling!
You are solving problems.
The more problems you successfully solve, the more people will buy from you.
Brian Tracy shares this…
“Approach each customer with the idea of helping him or her solve a problem or achieve a goal, not of selling a product or service.”
The first step to connecting with your prospect and solving problems is to talk about the benefits rather than the features.
Here are five tips to do just that:
- Focus on the customer: When talking about benefits, focus on the customer and how your product or service can solve their problems or meet their needs. Use “you” statements instead of “we” statements to keep the focus on the customer.
- Be specific: Use specific examples and data to illustrate the benefits of your product or service. For example, if you’re selling a productivity tool, talk about how it has helped other customers save time and increase their output by a certain percentage.
- Highlight unique features: If your product or service has unique features that set it apart from competitors, be sure to highlight these benefits. Explain why they are important and how they can help the customer.
- Tailor your message: Tailor your message to the customer’s needs and pain points. If you’ve done your research, you should have a good understanding of what these are, and you can use this information to craft a message that resonates with them.
- Be enthusiastic: Finally, be enthusiastic and passionate when talking about the benefits of your product or service. Your enthusiasm can be contagious and can help convince the customer to take action. However, be careful not to come across as pushy or aggressive.
To learn tips on how to make sales without selling, register for this upcoming webinar on April 24.
Join us on Friday, June 2, 2023, for a full day of learning NEW selling techniques that won’t feel ‘Icky’.